Custom Dress Agreement
Custom Dress Services Agreement
Thank you for choosing Bride’s Archive for your special occasion needs. We are confident you will be pleased with the workmanship and quality of
our dresses. We are excited and more than happy to assist you in any way that we can. Any persons engaging in business with Bride’s Archive is
agreeing to the following policy guidelines. In order to process your order and begin production, we need you to understand, and agree on the
Once you have decided on the dress style, color, size, and any other necessary dress information, the order can be processed. The complete order is
confirmed and submitted for production. Since all dresses are made to order, a 60% non-refundable deposit is required before we can begin
production. Please note when ordering a custom gown online your order is not complete until Bride’s Archive confirms and receives the 60% down
payment of your order. Contact us once you are ready to confirm your order.
FABRIC VARIATIONS AND CUSTOM ORDERS
We will send out swatches of the fabrication orders at least 6 months made before your event dates so you can see the colors and fabric used. Please
note that there may be slight variations to the reproduction of the fabrics from their vendors but still close to the original.
We will work with each individual to decide the best size for them, comparing their measurements with our sizing chart. If measurements are taken
elsewhere or by the client without Bride’s Archive supervision, the client is responsible for those measurements and their accuracy. We recommend
choosing the larger size if you fall in between sizes; as dresses can only be taken in, not let out. If a client chooses to order a size that is not
recommended by Bride’s Archive, the client must sign off on that size. We are not responsible for a dress that does not fit after a client has signed
off on the size. If a new dress is needed due to incorrect sizing, the client will be charged full price for the reorder.
No party shall be liable or responsible to the other party, nor be deemed to have defaulted under or breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay
in fulfilling or performing any term of this Agreement (except for any obligations to make payments to the other party hereunder), when and to the
extent, such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts beyond the impacted party’s (“Impacted Party”) control, including, but not limited to,
the following force majeure events (“Force Majeure Events”): (a) acts of God; (b) a natural disaster (fires, explosions, earthquakes, hurricane,
flooding, storms, explosions, infestations), epidemic, or pandemic; (c) war, invasion, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or
acts, riot or other civil unrest; (d) government order or law; (e) actions, embargoes or blockades in effect on or after the date of this Agreement; (f)
action by any governmental authority; (g) national or regional emergency; (h) strikes, labor stoppages or slowdowns or other industrial disturbances;
and (i) shortage of adequate power or transportation facilities. The Impacted Party shall give Notice within 15 days of the Force Majeure Event to
the other party, stating the period of time the occurrence is expected to continue. The Impacted Party shall use diligent efforts to end the failure or
delay and ensure the effects of such Force Majeure Event are minimized. The Impacted Party shall resume the performance of its obligations as
soon as reasonably practicable after the removal of the cause. In the event that the Impacted Party’s failure or delay remains uncured for a period of
30 days following Notice given by it, the other party may thereafter terminate this Agreement upon notice.
We will send out muslin or unfinished dress for fitting in 2 -3 months. Shipping is to be paid by recipient. Will be for orders atleast 6 months before
the event date.
TARGET DELIVERY / PICK-UP
Our target delivery is 6-4 weeks before the event. So we recommend you order the dress at least 5–6 months before the event date to allow time for
transportation and any alterations that may be needed before you receive the dress. Please refer to the Seasonal Lead-Time Schedule below:
Orders Placed Date Recommended & Estimate Lead Time:
March –November: At least ordered 5-8 months
December–February: 8-12 months
We recommend you factor in the dress arriving at least one month before the wedding to allow for any alterations that may be needed.
We can provide rush orders with lead times less than 10 weeks, but this depends entirely on our production schedule. All rush orders must first be
approved, prior to ordering. We recommend the customer pays for Next Day Courier to recipient’s address to assure faster delivery, otherwise, the
order will be couriered standard ground (7–10 business days).
Please note: RUSH ORDERS SUBJECT TO PRIOR APPROVAL.
1.) All payments must be made in full before collection or delivery. A 100% full payment is required for orders priced below $1000, a 70% deposit for orders amounting $1000 to $1600 and a 60% deposit is required for orders over $1600 before we begin production on an order. We accept
cash payments or payment via Etsy, Invoice. The deposit is required upfront to start the design process & production, the remaining balance is
due prior to the finished product being collected or delivered. A signed contract for custom pieces is due along with the first payment. All sales are
final. There are NO returns, exchanges, refunds, or transferred credits on any custom item sold at Bride’s Archive.
2.) Orders may be canceled up to 24 hours after the order is originally placed and in so doing incur a cancellation fee of $75.00. Rushed orders cannot be canceled at any time. The deposit will be forfeited if not canceled within 24 hours after placing an order for any canceled dress order.
3.) A $20 cancellation fee will be charged for any canceled order for veils or accessories in addition to the charge of the fabric cost.
4.) Any delay in payment past the due date provided by Bride’s Archive in the payment schedule will delay the production process by a minimum
of one month. Bride’s Archive is not responsible for the on-time delivery of garments if this occurs. The client will be obligated to pay a $250 rush
fee for upholding the project timeline in order to proceed with the original due date.
5.) Changes to orders may be made up to 48 hours after the original order is placed, at Bride’s Archive via the manufacturer’s discretion. No changes
may be made to the dress orders after 24 hours.
All payments are to be made in required deposit percentage or in full before we begin production. We accept major credit cards.
Additional cancellation fees may be incurred per manufacturer guidelines, payable by purchaser each dress is custom made with your measurements.
All garments are made to order. There are no exchanges or returns on merchandise purchased. All sales are final. Any concerns or issues must be
expressed within 5 days of receiving the dress. No returns are accepted, upon submitting your payment/deposit you enter into a contract. Make
sure to do your homework, try on dresses similar in shape to what you order, we cannot accept returns simply because you’ve changed your mind or
it looks bad on your body type after advice was given through our years of experience in the industry. If there is something physically wrong with
your gown please contact us to resolve the issue. If your event is canceled the full amount for the dress is still due as agreed upon in invoicing
Priority Courier: Delivery Confirmation and Insurance NOT Included unless you specify and pay extra costs. Losses or damages from courier are
also not our responsibility, pay for additional insurance or tracking if you desire.
I am in agreement with the price quote(s) received for my custom item(s), which is valid for 30 days. Once I pay a deposit for this amount agreed I
understand that I am responsible for paying the entire amount due.
You must agree to the following before ordering:
• By submitting payment I agree to all shop policies available here and online.
• I understand that each dress is custom made by the measurements I provide
• The gowns are handmade, not mass-produced, slight variations are expected.
• If I do not provide a signed copy of the contract, my payment is my formal agreement to the contract.
• If the contract is breached/canceled, I acknowledge and understand that I cannot receive a refund for my deposit as this money goes
toward fabrics, supplies, materials and pattern making, sewing, cost, design and I have no claim to them.
• I understand that no design or sketch services will be provided to me until my payment or an initial deposit has been placed. (If service is done,
no additional fees shall be included as a complimentary service from the designer.)
• For custom orders, I agree to have my full balance paid in full before my dress is collected or couriered including courier fee.
• I understand that the average dress takes at least 4 months to produce after finalizing design and fabric options (unless a rush fee has been paid)
• I understand that there may be shade variations in color choices due to computer monitor differences and availability in fabric required
• I understand that my wedding gown is a custom creation and cannot be returned under any circumstances.
• I understand that all measurements must be provided within 7 to 10 days of order placement.
• I understand that my deposit secures my spot on the creation schedule and the date of completion is determined by Bride’s Archive / Short
Bridal Dresses and will be provided in writing.
• I understand that sketch services will only be provided for custom design dresses, but I am not entitled to sketches if I have requested minor
changes to an already existing design.
• I understand and agree that I may need alterations to my dress in order to get the exact look/fit that I want to achieve and that all alterations are
MY responsibility after the dress has been taken from Bride’s Archive premises.
• I understand that the final photos are a privilege and not a requirement.
• I understand that I cannot change my measurements, design, or fabric once my pattern has been started.
• I understand that I cannot change my design or fabric once the deposit has been paid and design has been confirmed after 48 hours.
• I understand that if I cannot or will not pay my remaining balance within 1 week of completion that I forfeit my dress and deposit as the deposit
has gone toward the cost of my materials.
• I understand that I must provide the following before my dress will be started: Correct Courier Address, Wedding Date, Contact Number, and
Measurements – all this info will be part of the contract packet.
• Any information requested in order to successfully complete my dress not provided in a timely manner reflects the timeline of my dress
completion and is MY fault if not provided.
• I have a right to request references and contact information for references.
• Double check design and order description and due dates.
This contract is not valid until required payment is received.
I understand and agree with all terms stated in this Policy / Contract Form.